I had my last drink 50 days ago. At the time, I did not know that it was to be my last.
A week later, I joined a wonderful site called Hello Sunday Morning ‘HSM’ for short.
From my very first post, I was welcomed and received help and support from many people who are also on a journey to evaluate their relationship with booze. HSM is a truly international community. This means that no matter the time of day or night, there is usually someone online who will offer help, support and encouragement.
So why am I writing this blog?
- to help publicise HSM to a wider audience
- to share some of the advice that I received in the first few weeks of being alcohol free that made that journey less painful.
- to build a repository for recipes for delicious AF food and drinks
- to review some of the great books that I and others have been reading
- and to have some fun and meet others who have chosen to lead a life without booze
I must stress that I am by no means an expert, on the contrary, compared to many, I am a real newbie. It is my hope to create a vibrant space where ideas can be shared, and we can have a bit a a giggle.
Until the next time